Jolie G. KahnPartner
Ms. Kahn focuses her practice on advising companies about capital markets transactions, securities issuance, and other financing strategies. She has considerable experience providing representation of public companies in all aspects of securities compliance and filings (including 10-K, 10-Q, 14A, S-1, S-3, Form 10, Form 8A, S-8, 8-K, financial statement footnote and MD&A preparation), PIPE and traditional public company financings (representing both issuers and investors), senior and subordinated secured debt financings, general M&A and corporate representation and assistance on recurring business matters such as drafting press releases and HR issues.
Ms. Kahn has accumulated over 25 years of professional legal and business
experience since obtaining her J.D., magna cum laude, in 1989 from Cardozo
School of Law in New York, after earning a B.A. from Cornell University
in Political Science in 1986. Throughout her career, she has been practiced
in varied transactional and regulatory areas in private practice (gaining
her foundation at Weil, Gotshal & Manges in NY) and as in-house counsel
(most currently as Chief Legal Officer of a small public company in Plano, TX).
Ms. Kahn's broad-based background is a crucial component to her demonstrated success as it enables her to draw on a wide base of knowledge and experience and provide comprehensive regulatory and transaction representation. She brings a keen comprehension of convergence of business needs to legal requirements in both regulatory compliance and transactional structuring. Ms. Kahn is a lawyer by training but has had the benefit of also being able to work in the role of a business manager in varied finance and transactional aspects.
During her career, Ms. Kahn has had the benefit of representing clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies (including, GE Capital and CitiBank). This unusual mix yields enormous benefit to an in-house environment where counsel is expected to tackle a broader range of issues than in private practice and to be applied to enable to business needs are met, while still protecting the company's legal rights.
- New York
Ms. Kahn's major transactional and regulatory accomplishments include:
- Outside general and securities counsel to a range of public and private companies in a variety of fields including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, mining and oil and gas and service provision.
- Notification of effectiveness of various Registration Statements by SEC with "no review," including May 2013 and November 2015 self-liquidating debenture financing resale S-1s
- Lead counsel on $150,000,000 Senior Secured Credit Facility for "high tech" company
- Lead counsel on real estate workout and restructuring transactions exceeding $500,000,000
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and banks in secured real estate financings, both as lender and borrower
- Lead counsel on real estate acquisitions, divestitures, and commercial leasing
- Development and management of intellectual property portfolios for various technology clients